Coaching for Young People Success
What is Coaching Young People to Success?
Coaching professionals have the opportunity to engage in an interactive and unique course aimed at supporting coaches to foster and nurture the emotional intelligence and
resilience of young people as they navigate life.
The coaching model and framework equips coaches with the necessary tools for coaching young people. It is an ideal training for those who wish to develop and refine the essential skills required to effectively work with this demographic, using a coaching approach.
The course is taught in English with consecutive translation into Spanish
March 2nd & 3rd
9:30h – 18:30h
English & Spanish
Empowering the next generation
The pressures and demands on young people are increasing. They need to constantly adapt to a fast-paced and rapidly changing world, an environment that can be volatile, uncertain and complex.
Many young people are experiencing stress, fear, worry and anxiety, all of which are normal reactions to the unknown or to change. They are forced to manage a completely new situation and encounter triggers and emotions they may not have experienced before.
Because of this, it is increasingly important to place emphasis on strengthening the mental health and well-being of young people so that they can develop coping mechanisms that allow them to live a balanced and fulfilling life.
This course is designed for
- Coaches who want to develop their skills in working with children and young people, including collaborating with educators and educational institutes
- Therapists / Psychologists / Educators who have a coaching background and are passionate about working with young people.
- Parents who are coaches who want to make a positive impact on their child’s education, equipping them with with life skills and fostering a deeper self- understanding
What will you take away?
- Creative ways to encourage young people to express their thoughts, feelings, and aspirations
- Ability to design powerful partnerships with all relevant stakeholders: the young person, parents/caregivers, the school
- Develop skills for helping young people set goals
- A coaching toolkit of proven methods that support each step of the coaching process
- The ability to follow a coaching process from start to finish
- The ability to help young people develop life skills and coping mechanisms for a successful future
- Live demonstrations of each tool with real-life scenarios
- A detailed manual of all materials and tools presented
All resources and materials included in the workshop have been created and developed by Rachel Suery.
CPCC, PCC & MedPsych
Professional Coach, Team & Relationship Coach,
Psychologist & International Educator
Eva Fernandez Jordana
CPCC & ORSCC
Senior Leadership Consultant, Team Coach, Faculty Member & Front of the Room Leader in CRR Global
- An experiential and interactive learning environment.
- Proven techniques from experienced and certified leaders and trainers.
- The ability to work with young people.
- You will receive 15 ICF CCE units of which 10 are Core Competencies and 5 are Resource Development.
WHAT IT INCLUDES
- The young person coaching model and its effectiveness
- The coaching process encompassing the steps in initiating and executing the coaching engagement
- The coach’s approach to build resilience and self-confidence in young people
- Fundamental coaching skills aimed at empowering young people towards fulfilment and well-being
- Essential guidelines and boundaries when working with this specialised niche
"I highly recommend attending one of Rachel's parenting workshops. Our session was packed with take-home messages that we were able to put into practice in our family immediately. After each concept was carefully outlined, Rachel provided specific and relevant example situations that really helped solidify the information and allowed me to think about how I could apply it to our specific situation. Thank you Rachel... you have definitely added another tool to my parenting!"
Claire A, Switzerland
"What I learned most from the workshop is how I can use a coaching mindset to help my children discover and develop their strengths. Rachel provided handouts with "powerful questions" that we could use as parents to get into the coaching mindset when talking with our children. I came away with many ideas for activities and ways to have conversations with my teenage children to help them recognize, grow and really embrace their strengths. The strengths cards she taught were amazing. I need to get a set to use at home, not just with the kids, but with the whole family.".
Mary S, Switzerland
"Rachel's workshop was an eye-opener for me. As a mother of a 3-year-old, I realized how much it can help our children grow when we encourage their strengths, rather than point out their weaknesses. I also realized that what we do to our children we also do to ourselves: focus on our weaknesses in the hope that they will motivate us to change, something that never really happens! Thank you so much Rachel for changing the way I look at my entire family, including myself!"
Klaudia G, Poland
A coaching approach helps young people better understand themselves and cultivate positive mental health and well-being by:
- Improving self-confidence so they learn to believe in themselves and step out of their comfort zone.
- Developing resilience to cope with life’s challenges.
- Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Manage anxiety, stress and difficult situations.
- Understand, embrace and regulate emotions.
- Develop a positive and healthy self-image and identity.
- Identify and utilize strengths to develop self-leadership skills in difficult times.
- Set and achieve goals to develop a clear vision of what they want to accomplish.
- Identify positive and negative influences in life.
Coaching effectively empowers young people with the skills and tools necessary to ultimately become the best version of themselves and the leaders of their own lives. It teaches young people life skills, which are arguably the most important skills we can teach our youth, especially at a time when the mental health and well-being of our young people are a top priority.
The cost of the program is 820€.